Pages

About Me

My photo
I am 37 Married Mother of 6 beautiful children :) I have 3 deep passions! First is seeing my husband and children thrive in all GOD has for them :) After that I am crazy wild about supernatural healing signs n wonders, miracles and the prophetic :) That list goes on and on... The 3rd would be healthy living.I call this blog "Juiced Alive" because its how I feel when I juice!Juicing and a raw diet mean a great deal to me. I am not 100% raw. I was born and raised in Alaska so I LOVE SALMON and MOOSE MEAT!! Juicing has been a big blessing to my body. I have been doing it for almost 8 yrs now. My children LOVE the hulk drink and many others :) My hope is that this blog will display that it can be simple and enjoyable. I could write pages on the benefits of juicing but I will spare you.........for now :) BLESSINGS!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Apricot Pear Juice Drink

Loving the "fruity" summer drinks I been juicin up! I was not sure if I would like this one, but it gets a high five baby! The kids enjoyed this one too :)  The pears sweeten up the apricots. Try this one and you won't be disappointed.


I am dreaming of living next to a fruit stand.........

4 apricots
3 Bartlett pears

Just two fruits make melody together all juiced up :)



Um yes I did drink quite a bit before I took the picture.

Found some info on line about apricots:
Helping to prevent the development of eye diseases is another one of the health benefits of apricots. Lutein and zeaxanthin are members of the carotenoid family along with beta-carotene. They are the only carotenoids found in the retina of the eye. They act as antioxidants protecting the retina from the free radicals in UV light. Research shows that this protection significantly reduces the risk of developing macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma, eye disease that have the potential to cause permanent blindness. It is important to note that lutein and zeaxanthin are found most abundantly in the skins of the apricot, so when making homemade apricot juice, be sure to juice them with the skins on. Many commercial fruit juices are created from peeled fruits, which can greatly deplete the final nutrition left available in the juice.

BE JUICED ALIVE!!!

No comments: