Pages

About Me

My photo
I am 37 Married Mother of 6 beautiful children :) I have 3 deep passions! First is seeing my husband and children thrive in all GOD has for them :) After that I am crazy wild about supernatural healing signs n wonders, miracles and the prophetic :) That list goes on and on... The 3rd would be healthy living.I call this blog "Juiced Alive" because its how I feel when I juice!Juicing and a raw diet mean a great deal to me. I am not 100% raw. I was born and raised in Alaska so I LOVE SALMON and MOOSE MEAT!! Juicing has been a big blessing to my body. I have been doing it for almost 8 yrs now. My children LOVE the hulk drink and many others :) My hope is that this blog will display that it can be simple and enjoyable. I could write pages on the benefits of juicing but I will spare you.........for now :) BLESSINGS!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Celery Mint Juice Drink

Celery oh celery you are one of my favorite veggies to chomp on or juice.

The mint in this drink adds a little twist :) 



4 carrots
2 celery sticks
3 clementines or oranges  ( I used clementines )
1/4 cup fresh mint
1 lime

When I first made this drink I added more celery, carrots and lime so it would be enough for my family to drink. My husband said it would be better minus some of the celery. So if you double this juice recipe keep the celery at 2 sticks unless you like the strong flavor or celery :)




Found this info on line :

Because of the high calcium content, celery calms the nerves. So, eating celery helps people to be calm. Celery acts as an antioxidant too. All parts of celery including seed, root and leaves, can be used. Drinking celery juice before meal will help you to reduce your weight. Celery has many other nutritional benefits: Eating celery regularly helps to avoid diseases of kidney, pancreas, liver and gallbladder; neuritis, constipation, asthma, high blood pressure, catarrh, pyorrhea and dropsy, brain over work, acidosis, anemia, obesity and tuberculosis. It also helps in the improvement of teeth.
Precautions: Celery seeds contain volatile oils, flavonoids, coumarins and linoleic acid and are therefore not good for pregnant women because they may cause contractions in the uterus.


BE JUICED ALIVE!

No comments: