Pages

About Me

My photo
I am 37 Married Mother of 6 beautiful children :) I have 3 deep passions! First is seeing my husband and children thrive in all GOD has for them :) After that I am crazy wild about supernatural healing signs n wonders, miracles and the prophetic :) That list goes on and on... The 3rd would be healthy living.I call this blog "Juiced Alive" because its how I feel when I juice!Juicing and a raw diet mean a great deal to me. I am not 100% raw. I was born and raised in Alaska so I LOVE SALMON and MOOSE MEAT!! Juicing has been a big blessing to my body. I have been doing it for almost 8 yrs now. My children LOVE the hulk drink and many others :) My hope is that this blog will display that it can be simple and enjoyable. I could write pages on the benefits of juicing but I will spare you.........for now :) BLESSINGS!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

YO MAMA'S ENERGY VITAMIX DRINK

YO MAMA'S ENERGY DRINK is for all you ladies or gentlemen out there who ate naughty all day and now need a pick me up because the dive bomb your on has you turned into a GROUCH! Now the next thing you know you will be searching for a cookie or a low ph junk fake energy drink. Ya you heard me! So please do yourself, your husband and your beautiful children a favor - drink this instead :) 

This is out Ani Phyo book or one of her books I should say. She is so darn cute and has great recipes for all kinds of yummy raw foods.




So drum roll ........

3/4 cup almonds "organic if you can"
6 or more pitted dates - I don't like things very sweet so 6 is good for me
1 tablespoon MATCHA powder
3 cups water - hope you have some PH filtered water :)
1/2 teaspoon of MACA powder
1 cup or more ice

Now MATCHA and MACA are NOT the same!
Matcha powder is a green and I believe tastes very good. It does contain CAFFEINE so if you are not wanting to have caffeine in your diet then  by all means delete it from this drink. I love how she adds the maca powder in it because it evens out your adrenals. Caffeine is not good for your adrenals. However Maca is healing to them. Ani does say  if you take out the matcha replace it with 1 TBS of alcohol free vanilla extract plus a tsp of mint extract. . My friends and family know I LOVE ANYTHING MINT :) Or you can replace that with 1 TBS of spirulina.

This drink is such a great blend because the almonds are such great protein. You gotta try this one out and let me know how you feel :)  I drank this about a hour ago............confession I did keep the matcha powder in it because I like the taste of it and I know I will be up LATE tonight at a  friends prophetic group. If I were going to bed at a decent time I would not add the matcha tea. I don't add the whole TBS it calls for though. Caffeine for me is really bad and makes me feel like I am in jr/high school again on drugs :(   So with saying that God is so good and restores our bodies!


Here is some goods I found on line about Matcha tea. I hope you read some of it.

  • Rich in Antioxidants and Chlorophyll
  • Contains Catechins Only Found in Green Tea
  • Naturally Mood Enhancing
  • Zero on the Glycemic Index - will not raise insulin levels
  • Sugar-free, High in Fiber
Matcha Tea – For Antioxidant Protection
Exponentially Higher in Antioxidants than Blueberries and Spinach
Green teas contain a high amount of antioxidants, chemically compounds known to forestall aging. Antioxidants are found in many fruits and vegetables – even chocolate. A testing method known as ORAC – short for oxygen radical absorbance capacity, evaluates the antioxidant levels found in food. According to research done by Tufts University, the ORAC capacity of matcha green tea is exponentially higher than other foods known for their high antioxidants levels such as blueberries and spinach.
The ORAC rating of matcha is 1300 units/g, compared to 105 units/g for pomegranates and 91 units/g for wild blueberries.

 


Matcha Tea - For Renown Cancer Fighting Catechin EGCg
Renown Cancer Fighting Catechins are Only Found In Green Tea
Not all antioxidants are created equal. Antioxidants are found in many foods including fruits and vegetables.  There are many types of antioxidants, however, the class known as catechins are only found in green tea, and these maybe the most potent of all. And of the catechins,  EGCg (epicgallocatechin gallate) is the catechin with broadest and most potent cancer-fighting properties.  Sixty percent of the catechin content of matcha tea is EGCg.

One gram of matcha contains 105 mg of total catechin content, or roughly 61% EGCg.
 

Matcha Tea – For Cleansing the Body of Toxins
Rich in Chlorophyll, A Renowned Detoxifying Agent
Chlorophyll, the pigment which gives leaves their green color, helps to remove heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body. Because matcha powdered tea is fully ingested when consumed, unlike tea leaves which are infused then discarded, and because matcha is shade grown, a process which increases the chlorophyll content in the leaves, matcha tea is a chlorophyll rich food.


Matcha Tea – For Naturally Mood Enhancing Amino Acids
Theanine Improves Mood and Concentration
Matcha contains L-theanine, an amino acid known to relax the mind.  For this reason, matcha is also known as a mood enhancer. 

P.S. I eve got Lucas to drink this one :)  He is all for energy drinks!

BE JUICED ALIVE!!!

No comments: