Pages

About Me

My photo
I am 37 Married Mother of 6 beautiful children :) I have 3 deep passions! First is seeing my husband and children thrive in all GOD has for them :) After that I am crazy wild about supernatural healing signs n wonders, miracles and the prophetic :) That list goes on and on... The 3rd would be healthy living.I call this blog "Juiced Alive" because its how I feel when I juice!Juicing and a raw diet mean a great deal to me. I am not 100% raw. I was born and raised in Alaska so I LOVE SALMON and MOOSE MEAT!! Juicing has been a big blessing to my body. I have been doing it for almost 8 yrs now. My children LOVE the hulk drink and many others :) My hope is that this blog will display that it can be simple and enjoyable. I could write pages on the benefits of juicing but I will spare you.........for now :) BLESSINGS!

Friday, March 4, 2011

The HULK Drink

So here we go :)  Our family loves the HULK drink!It's also known as green lemonade. This is and has been my breakfast for almost 7 years. This drink makes me feel ALIVE! Lord knows I need to feel this way with having children bouncing off the walls.

Oh I should say beware you may become highly addicted to this juice!

2 -3 heads of romaine lettuce
2 hand fulls of spinach
2  apples
1 lemon

You can use kale instead of the spinach. I use spinach because the kale is not my thyroid's friend.
You also can use another apple or add stevia if you think its to "green" tasting.

Juice this up and never stop........OK just kidding...........well maybe LOL



I start by soaking my lettuce and spinach in water, then cutting up apples and the lemon.
My 3 youngest children 16 months, 4 yo, and 6 yo all bring their cups and stand next to me till its done.
Oh man then the fight is on over who will get the most in their cup. Yes even the baby screams for more! Our youngest 3 have been raised on juicing since they were infants. All three as babies would get their cups and say "MMMMMMMMMMMMM" till they had their HULK drink their hand. Blesses me to give them something full of enzymes and health!





                                         
STEP BACK MAMA THIS IS ALL MY MINE!!!




Here is some info on this green veggie:
Spinach is one of the most nutrient-packed vegetables and its raw juice is an excellent source of chlorophyll.  It is also a superb source of vitamins A, B complex, C, E, K, carotenes, folate
The minerals in spinach is highly alkaline, making it helpful in regulating the body pH.  It supplies the same amount of protein as you would get from the same quantity of meat¾a cheaper and healthier alternative to getting protein.

Trying to keep this short n sweet without information overload.Hope you consume some spinach today.

BE JUICED ALIVE!

2 comments:

charis said...

i so want to try this, but i think i would have to do less lettuce because that gets rather pricey! sounds amazing though. and i love spinach!

BLESSED247 said...

Charis yes lettuce can be rather pricey!I try to do this as much as we can afford it!I use the lettuce in the bags that come with 3 of them.If its just you and one of the kids 2 of the lettuce would work just fine :) I look for the sales on them.If you add more spinach it can make the drink taste bitter.Try and see what you think :)